Job Description – Willow Tree Wellness, LLC
Working Title: Therapist
Reports to: Deborah Ast, LCMFT / Erin Rindt, LCMFT, RPT / Shelby Batt, LSCSW
Based at: Willow Tree Wellness, LLC, 7348 W 21st St N Suite 107, Wichita, KS 67205-1765
Provide goal-directed, client-centered, medically necessary, individual therapy (group therapy optional) to children, adults, couples, and families with mental health concerns to enable them to improve quality of life and ability to function more successfully in the community.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties
Direct Services (Percent of time: 60%):
- Individual therapy using identified and accepted methods to remediate symptoms of mental health concerns.
- Conduct risk assessments as needed for clients who present with suicidal or homicidal ideations.
Documentation (Percent of time: 25%):
- Prepare Intake assessments on clients who are seen by you in the first 2 initial therapeutic service appointments.
- Prepare individualized treatment plans with clear goals and objectives that include all diagnoses being addressed in treatment.
- Complete progress notes within a reasonable time which includes justification for services such as medical necessity, goal-directed therapy, and client’s response towards treatment.
- Complete discharge summaries when terminating services with clients while documenting a clear reason for why services were terminated.
- Enter “no-shows” and cancellations for accuracy and completeness of medical treatment records.
- Collaborate in review, updates, and progress on goals with other professionals involved in client treatment.
- Annually update diagnosis on clients.
General Administrative Duties (Percent of time: 10%):
- Monitor clinical files for documents needing to be completed and treatment plans needing to be reviewed.
- Various functions of managing and maintaining a caseload: returning client phone calls, re-scheduling appointments cancelled by client or staff, communicating with other professionals, letters to clients, track and manage caseload and discharge of clients, and responding to emails.
- Attend staff meeting when scheduled (within reason)
Professional Development (Percent of time: 5%):
- Maintain active licensure as required by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (BSRB), provide agency with proof of such active licensure.
- Cooperate with insurance credentialing and required paperwork activities for Willow Tree Wellness, LLC.
- Maintain professional medical malpractice insurance and show such proof of active insurance ($1,000,000.00 – $3,000,000.00 minimum).
- If not clinical licensed to practice independently in the State of Kansas, maintain individual supervision at the sub-contractor’s own expense.
- Identify and attend continued education/training to enhance or expand clinical practice and implement best practices related to the sub-contractor’s scope of practice within Willow Tree Wellness, LLC.
- Continue learning in utilization of computer software such as electronic EMR, WORD, EXCEL, etc.
Must be an individual who meets the criteria to practice psychotherapy in the State of Kansas. Minimum of two years’ experience in clinical setting is very much preferred but not required. Demonstrate proficiency in time management and independent work scheduling. Competency in using a computer is required. Possess and demonstrates interpersonal skills, ability to work with persons with mental health conditions effectively in wide variety of human service situations.
Next Steps: If Willow Tree Wellness, LLC sounds appealing to you and you’d like to know more information about what we offer, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! You may contact Shelby Batt at (316) 779-2560 or email via [email protected]. Shelby will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We are excited to hear from you!